- Spring General ISHRA Meeting will be April 9 where Dudley Dudley will speak about "Oil and Water", covering some of the same ground as her article, which will appear in the spring issue of the newsletter, chronicling the attempt by Aristotle Onassis to build a mega-refinery in Durham serviced by a super tanker terminal located at the Shoals. The meeting will he at the Seacoast Science Center in Rye, NH and will begin at 7pm, doors open at 6:30pm.
- Spring 2013 Newsletter is now available in the Members Corner!
- Gosport Regatta Weekend: Restoring a Sailing Tradition in the 19th Century Style. The fourth annual Gosport Regatta will set sail from the start line in the Piscataqua River basin on Saturday, June 8, at 11:00 a.m.
- The ISHRA June Conference-Isles of Shoals History's Greatest Hits. 4-Night: Saturday, June 22 to Wednesday, June 26. Join us for a festival of Shoals history topics, exploring archaeology one day, poet Celia Thaxter another, and a wide variety in between, including graveyards and architecture. Indulge in favorite art and photography workshops, take a variety of natural & cultural history tours and experience the conference of a lifetime.
- Historic Star Conference- Gaslight: Victorian Life at the Isles of Shoals & Beyond. 7-Night: Saturday August 24 to Saturday, August 31 OR 3-Night: Saturday, August 24 to Tuesday, August 27. Explore the contrast between the lives of fishing villagers and resort hotel guests on the 19th century Shoals. Engage in Victorian pastimes like seaweed pressing, croquet and music. Learn of the famous personages who visited the Isles of Shoals and seacoast region during this bygone era.
- The ISHRA Fall Weekend-*Updated 4/2013* Energy at the Shoals. Friday, September 6 to Sunday, September 8. Far off the electric grid, Shoalers have long used Yankee ingenuity to make island life possible, from the earliest uses of fuels to the latest plans for solar panels to replace diesel-generated electricity. Join us for a weekend of discussions, social events, and a candlelit service in Gosport Chapel.
Sign up for electronic announcements!
ISHRA is on Facebook! Click here: Isles of Shoals Historical and Research Association
To learn more about member projects, including Star Island History Docents and Chair Caning, enter the Members Corner. If you are not a current member and would like to learn more, click here. Members have access to past meeting minutes and newsletters by clicking here.